Friends of Dago have made it possible for the community to have various
medical camps throughout the year.
Working with USAID, as a liaison partner, all our children are provided with medical care. These the children are able to get treatment for free or at a reduced cost at specific medical facilities.
Kenyan Goal: Medical Camp
We also have our big annual sports and medical camp every year for over 14 villages called “Kenyan Goal” This event is held every year in August. This event attracts and we usually see over 3000 people who otherwise would have not had any medical checks. We have supported this program since 2009.
Sawa Sawa Foundation Medical Camp
Friends of Dago in partnership with friends have established an annual general medical camp for the community. This wonderful camp happens usually in February/April. The team from Berkshire provide general medical and medicine to over 200 people during the time. This program is one that is offering a wonderful service to all ages.
Aldersgate UMC Eye Clinic
Friends of Dago in partnership with friends have established an annual eye clinic for the community. This wonderful camp happens usually in July. The team from the church provide eye check to over 200 people during this time. This program is one that is offering a wonderful service to all ages.
Annual Deworming Campaign
Friends of Dago for the past 7 years have engaged in providing annual deworming exercise for all the students at Dago local primary school. This activity is done at the beginning of the year in collaboration with the local hospital. This is aimed at controlling scabies amongst the students over the school year.
We Need Your Support!
- There is turns of volunteer opportunities for the medical professionals to help in various ways towards this wonderful projects.
- The community is always inclined to support and donate a piece of land where a medical facility can be built.
- There is always opportunities to partner with other organizations, universities, volunteers and well-wishers to help us reach more community needs.
- We have been blessed with wonderful project organizers for this programs, they have always returned to Kenyan annually to help give support to the programs.
- Volunteers love to spend time in Dago, we have lots of volunteer opportunities with our educational initiative. Groups, family and individuals are welcomed.